Sunday, April 10, 2011

Transformation

It's been about a month since the beginning of Lent.  While I am not very excited that most of my commitment has been revised, I am still VERY pleased with the transformation that has occurred in my life.  

I suppose it is silly to say, but I'll say it anyway.  I used to think of my life in Facebook statuses.  I used to view events in my life or conversations through my Facebook lenses.  How could I make this into a clever Facebook status?  But more than that, I think I made my life incredibly fake by doing that.  I was no longer able to be me!  I wasn't able to figure out who I was because I was always trying to "please" others through what I put on Facebook.  And when my statuses grew sad, I displeased my audience.  I can't do that anymore.  I think that's one of the reasons I love blogging.  I can put anything on here and shove it off as "It's my blog."  But it really is.  This is how I feel and what I've learned.  All sorts of things go on my blog!  :)  

I'm really praying about Facebook.  I have about two weeks to decide if I'm going to go back to it or not.  And how active I want to be on it.  I suppose a break means that I shouldn't think about it, but I think it will be good for me to evaluate it and make a plan so that if I choose to go back to it and not delete my account I won't regret it.  I don't want it to be a distraction between Jesus and me, nor in figuring out who I am.  So, I guess we'll see how that goes.  

I am really confused right now about where God is leading me.  I feel like part of me wants a normal job, whereas part of me doesn't know anything other than being a pastor.  So, that's another thing to watch and see what happens.  I really don't know if I'm in a place right now, physically or emotionally, that I could pastor a church or even continue with the process.  I know that may be a disappointment to some.  But, I need to take care of me right now.  So, finding a course that I can take to get a "normal" job may be something of use.  A plan "B" perhaps since I'm no longer interested in teaching music and pastoring is on the back-burner right now.  So, hopefully I didn't depress anyone with mentioning this, I just felt the need to get it out there.  

What else can I mention?!  Oh, I'll be going to a woman's retreat with my church the last weekend of April.  It's just here in town, so it really isn't that big of a deal.  But, I think it will be good just to have something to do.  And, it's a good something!  

Ummm...I'm praying about incorporating gluten back into my diet.  I am not sure if it is still doing me good to be off of it.  I noticed some pretty big differences when I ate it last time.  But, now that I'm on an anti-inflammatory drug, I wonder if it may be unnecessary to be gluten free now, since being gluten free reduced inflammation.  So, I don't know.  It did seem to help with the fibromyalgia pain though.  And, I've adjusted meds for that too. So, just a thought.  I'm not sure when or if I will even.  I just don't want to gain back the weight I've lost going gluten free either!  Twenty pounds comes and goes so quickly!  ;)

Is there anything else I'm missing?!  I cleaned my room today.  LOTS of Spring cleaning.  My body hates me now.  I'm sitting in bed while my body continues to die from the 4.5 hour cleaning extravaganza.  HOWEVER, my room looks great and is nice and organized for the upcoming move.  

Midway...After pulling everything out of my closet!
After it was ALL done! :)  Do ignore the only mess left: a pile of clothes in my closet on the shelf!


See!  Nothin' under by bed either!  Except a few dust bunnies!


I'm debating whether or not to go home this upcoming weekend for Palm Sunday.  How crazy is that?!  That would mean that I would be home less than a week apart.  (Home Friday to Sunday, and then back at home Wednesday night or Thursday morning.)  Anyhow, I don't know.  I love the service back at home for Palm Sunday.  So much money for fuel though.  I'm not sure I want to do that.  We'll see.  

Alright.  I think that's all I have for you.  I'm getting annoyed with my computer for over-heating while playing Netflix.  So, we shall see how it does...as well as all the other crazy things that I mentioned we'll wait and see with in this blog post!  Haha.  The transformation has begun and will never end...But, it certainly is a journey!  A journey to reclaim my existence as a perfect child of God!   

3 comments:

  1. I think I hate finding out life altering things over your blog.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree on that Nichole, but whatever she ends up doing, she will do it well. I love you Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry people! This is all new to me. Perhaps I am merely a true writer...this is where my heart comes out. I'm not one who speaks well in regards to talking about the "hard, serious" stuff. Lol. Anyhow, glad you both know now. Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete