Friday, April 15, 2011

Sabbath

I made SOOO much progress on my to do list already for this weekend.  I'm getting really excited about it because it means that I might be able to have a legit Sabbath day this week, which has always been really important to me.  Even when I was younger, and going nuts with everything that I was doing in high school, I still never did homework on Sundays.  When I got to college, I voted Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon as my Sabbath.  And some weeks, I would just take Saturday off, but recently, with my health the way it has been, I have had to "spread out" the work throughout the week.  Especially if it is a bad week with my fibro flaring.  So, I am REALLY excited that I might be able to take Sunday off and enjoy the day with church and then nothing!  Especially since it is Palm Sunday which makes me SUPER excited.  

I heard it at one point in time put this way:  What is acceptable on the Sabbath is to do anything that you wouldn't consider work that is fun, relaxing, and refreshing for the week to come.  So, if you love playing soccer and don't consider it work, go for it.  I on the other hand would consider it work, especially for the coroner who will have to pronounce me as dead afterward!  So, no soccer for me.  However, I love playing my flute, reading (not for class) and just sitting around and watching movies!  So, that's probably what my Sunday will consist of.  OH...And EARLY bedtimes! :)

Anyhow, I was really productive and I'm really excited about it.  So, I think I might read some or watch some Roswell (a TV show).  I'm tired, but not too bad, though my arms and hands hurt pretty bad.  So, I think I'm done typing for the night!  Good night W.W.W.  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment