Saturday, April 9, 2011

Date Night

I'm taking myself on a date.  I'm going to make myself a romantic dinner and watch movies tonight.  At home.  Lol.  I'm kidding.  Kind of.  It'll probably be a romantic dinner of cheesy hash-browns (gluten-free, of course), and some chick-flick, documentary, and animated movies...so, no romantic french movies with lots of kissing.  Lol.  Now, I don't expect one of those cheesy dates that you see in movies, but some days I really wish I had someone to spend a Saturday night with.  Someone to hold me and call me beautiful.  Someone who loves me for who I am.  Someone who wants to spend the rest of their life with me.

Now, I am sure the only person in the world who calls me "Sambina" is freakin' out right now.  Lol.  No worries.  But, for once, I'd like to go on a date.  I'd like to have some boy who is head-over-heals about me.  At the very least, I want to have a social life.  I'd like to have friends who are my age.  I'd love to have friends who go to my school who actually like the person that I am.  Ya know, sometimes I wonder if people really like me.  It seems so easy for people to walk away.  Once I do something that upsets them, even with apology, it is so easy for them to ignore me.  Or people who only see me at certain things...no one seems to care if I just stop going.  I wonder if my personality just doesn't mix with my age.  Perhaps I am wrong for being me.  

But, I tried to be someone else.  And it didn't work.  I still didn't have a social life. Because the life I was living wasn't my own.  And now that I'm me, I'm happier.  Now that I've figured out who I am, it is like I have to start over.  It just doesn't make sense.  I suppose people just don't understand who I am.  

For once I would just like to have a friend who is my age.  Preferably a guy.  But, I'll take just about anyone these days.  I would love to have someone that I can text late into the night.  Lol.  Most 80-year old women go to bed early. ;)  Anyhow, that's my thought.  

I'm just reluctant to really do anything to put myself out there right now.  Mainly because I am leaving this city in about 33 days.  I just am not sure how it is all going to go.  I'm bored now.  And then, I get to start all over again with a social life on a new campus, not to mention making it through the summer.  

Going home isn't all it is made out to be.  Yes, I have family and my best friend there.  But, those friends that I left two years ago to go away to school...yeah, they have lives too.  Some of them are away at universities.  Others are married and have lives of their own. Note that I had very few friends in high school.  Seems to be a trend for me...

Anyhow, I will be watching movies (kiddy ones, a documentary, and probably sappy chick-flicks) and having a gluten-free gourmet meal of leftover cheesy hash-browns and brownies, if I get around to making them, tonight.  I will attempt to enjoy my own company, as I have perfected over the years of being single.  And I will wait.  Wait for the day when I can no longer call myself a single being.  Wait for the Saturday night that I no longer sit at home alone, but rather have someone to spend it with...Someone to spend Date Night with...Perhaps one day...     

1 comment:

  1. He is not freakin' out as I completely understand. Sad to tell you that you are more like your Dad, than your mom. I didn't date and I didn't do alot until I met your mom. And I am now in the same boat as you except I'm a little older and wiser and comfortable with myself now. I remember the pain you are going through, and trust me when I say that your time will come as it did for me, when you least expect it. Don't force it, just be yourself, enjoy your life and your dreams will come true. Mine did, I have you and 3 others that I couldn't be prouder of! I love you!

    ReplyDelete