Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Impossible

Looks like I've waited too long to try to get to sleep.  I still have a lot to do, but because I shower in the mornings, I have to wait to pack quite a bit of my stuff.  SO, it will be an EXTRA early morning.  Most likely, I'll have to be awake and moving by 5:30am at the latest.  However, It seems like an insomnia night.  Great.  Not exactly what I need on a night that is already aging and continues to bring morning more and more quickly!  :-/  I am in hopes that I get to sleep soon.  But, I feel like that may not be the case.  I hurt so badly and I just want to be out of pain.  I lose hope on bad days.  I forget how much energy it takes to wear that mask so that people see you as a human being than as a sick, weak "thing."  I want to feel like I used to.  I want to be able to dance around my room like a crazy teenager and use my hair brush as a microphone!  (Not like I've ever done that before, but it sounds like fun!)  I want to be able to run and play with my lil' sibs.  I want to be able to do the things that I never did but could have.  Sure, I can't go back in time, but I sure would like to live the time I have here on earth like someone normal, rather than whatever "this" life is.  Sucky.  Painful.  Stupid.  Yes, all those words would fit nicely.  I just wish I could cure chronic pain.  I wish the word chronic meant a few hours tops!  And even still, that's highly unlikely.  I wish I didn't have to see women suffer from things like endometriosis and eventually make the decision to get a hysterectomy to try to get out of the pain.  I wish I didn't have to see people who can't get out of the hole, the never ending downward spiral.  I wish I didn't have to see such a thing as pain!  Now that I'm in constant pain, it makes me ever more aware to those who have been dealing with it far longer than I have.  It makes me sad to think that so many people deal with things like this.  I just wish they didn't.  I just wish that we didn't have to deal with the pain and the people who don't understand.  Yeah, at one point in time, I had no idea what chronic pain meant.  I could read all I want about it, and I still said things that I shouldn't have said.  However, now...it hurts in more ways than one.  Ha.  Anyhow, I'll stop my sad story.  But I won't stop wishing for the impossible.  Because it seems impossible that I would have such great sibs and a Grandma who loves me and encourages me no matter what.  And it seemed impossible that my parents would ever get a divorce and that we would live through it.  And here we are.  And it seemed impossible that I would ever get an older sister, but I gotta admit, I got the best one out there...who loves me for me, knows me inside and out, and is the big sister I always wanted!  So, I'll never stop wishing for the impossible.  You never know what you might get!

1 comment:

  1. You know that it is hard for those that have never felt chronic pain to understand it, they may have felt pain in their life, but if they have never been in pain for months and months and years and years they will never understands (or fully grasp) what it is like to be us. But it is our duty to let them know what it is like, we can't keep our mouths shut, because so often we do, we keep quiet and live in this world of chronic pain because it is invisible and hard to understand, but we have to raise awareness that is the only way people will understand what it is like to live in our shoes. Like I said no they will not fully grasp it, but they will understand what to say and what not to say, how to "handle" us when we are stuck in bed, what our pain is like, etc.

    Keep telling people what it is like to live with chronic pain, keep letting them know it is the only way they will step foot into our world.

    Oh and keep dreaming of the impossible! It is what keeps this world alive!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete