Saturday, April 16, 2011

Planning Ahead

I know.  I've written a lot today.  And my hands really won't handle much more.  But I wanted to talk about planning ahead.  I'm working on assignments that aren't due until Wednesday, even NEXT Monday, but it is still good to do.  On the other hand, the valuable information that I obtain this week or this weekend may not be of use unless I go back and revise, so who knows whether this all was a good thing or not.  

Furthermore, on the topic of planning ahead, I have been gearing up for transferring.  While I am super excited for it, I have to get through the process of registration and auditions first.  I am auditioning for the music program at this university near home on Thursday.  I'm fairly excited about it, but I'm a little nervous.  I've been playing my flute all weekend trying to remember every tip I ever heard about playing the flute!  I'm sure Big Foot (the neighbor upstairs) has been appreciating my work in my upper register.  :)  

ALSO...Helping plan my mother's wedding is pretty awkward.  I know we are planning ahead, though I'm not sure how far ahead, but it is still weird.  I always thought she and I would be planning my wedding about this time, not the other way around.  More than that, some of the things she's asking us to do are a bit odd or different than any wedding I've ever been to.  Granted, I haven't been to any weddings of people who are going for their second marriage.  Anyhow, it's just strange.  Maybe I'll get used to it by the time the day comes.  

Well, my hands are done.  Church is in the morning.  THEN...a movie day.  I feel I deserve it after the 10.5 hour marathon of homework today and the 7 hour marathon yesterday evening.  SO...I will have some sort of break tomorrow, though I have one more assignment that is pending due to class participation.  (Gotta love group assignments, with no coordination during class time, assigned on Fridays and due on Monday...They make no sense to me.)  Anyhow...That's it.  Gotta love planning ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment