Friday, April 8, 2011

Cinderella & the Government

I know I'm guilty living in a hole sometimes.  I forget to watch the news or check the internet for what is going on in the world.  But I honestly cannot believe what is happening right now.  It was brought to my attention this morning, and as I have followed it throughout the day, I wonder if it really is going to happen.  Now, I am not going to give you the entire story on here, but in essence - Congress can't make up its mind, thus if they do not reach a decision about the budget by midnight tonight the government will be shutdown indefinitely.  

I want to go to Congress and shake some sense into them.  I can't imagine what other countries are thinking about us.  It is completely humiliating that the government of the United States cannot discuss things and do a give-and-take or see things from another point of view.  And you wonder why our ads do not work in other countries, or why we aren't always seen in a great light for being the great USA?!  It's because stupid things like this tear the country apart and we become a laughing stalk.  

I'm not someone who is big on advocating values, but honestly USA, where did our value system go?  Where did our respect for lives go?  Why have we imprisoned our freedom within the bars of money?  I won't voice my political view on here right now.  But, I do believe that it is a dishonor to ourselves, as a free country and a country with a huge amount of influence in this world, if we can't even keep our government open for the presence of indecision has taken over us.  It's ridiculous.  I've never been more ashamed of my government than I am right now...Seriously?!  

It isn't lookin' hopeful, but I suppose we shall see what happens when the clock strikes midnight.  I kind of feel like Cinderella... 

No comments:

Post a Comment