Saturday, April 9, 2011

Going Out on a Limb

I did something completely out of my nature tonight.  Most of the time, I sit and I think these things through.  Usually I wait and pray for some sort of guidance.  I don't usually do things spontaneously.  I don't go out on a limb.  Especially when it comes to a thin limb.

Believe it or not, I've been thinking about doing something like this for a long time.  I see other people manage it.  I see them sending in checks.  I see them receiving letters and pictures.  I see them sending little gifts with letters tucked inside.  I've wanted to for a long time.  But apparently, the time was right tonight.  I hadn't really prayed about it.  But I knew I should.  

Her name is Grace.  She is 3 years-old and she is from Kenya.  She was born in June.  She loves to color and play baseball.  

I couldn't stop myself.  I'm going out on a limb.  I was only looking into sponsorship, with no intentions of doing so tonight.  But my heart sank as I looked at her picture.  I know that I can make her life 100% better by doing this.  And I don't care that I run on money given to me by my parents.  It shouldn't be that way for long.  So, for now, they can deal with it and I'll support her as soon as I can.  I just couldn't wait.  

I did something spontaneous and made someone else's life better.  I feel good.  Rachel was right the day she told me that I should do something spontaneous every day.  It does change things up...which makes life that much more exciting.  

So, sure.  I am going out on a limb.  Especially since I will probably be lectured by my parent(s) when they find out about this.  But, I don't care.  For once I feel like I'm making a difference of some sort out of my bedroom and my own little world.  I'm making a difference in Grace's life and the life of her community in Kenya.  Who knew going out on a limb could feel so good?!

4 comments:

  1. Picture posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. World Vision??? She is percious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. World vision. ;) I know. I couldn't wait. It is like I could see into her heart. So, I had to tonight. She's beautiful. Everything from her name to her home country...I had to. Lol. Precious indeed.

    ReplyDelete