Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kingdom Stories

Each one of us has a story.  I'm beginning to really grasp this concept as I walk about campus and walk the aisle of church.  Today, I sat in a small, rather hot, office talking to a woman named Lori.  She is a pastor and I heard her story.  And it seemed like she was telling me the same thing over and over: The world is broken, the kingdom of God is to come now, not later.  I just love the idea of bringing the kingdom of God to earth NOW!  Not when Jesus comes.  Now.  

Every single person on this planet is called to ministry.  Not everyone is called to be a pastor, but everyone is called to serve the kingdom of God.  This means transforming people's lives by showing them Jesus in both word and action.  I want to be able to show people the God who brings comfort and hope, as well as judgment.  I don't ever want to lose sight of the KING part of God.  Yes, He is TRULY my Heavenly Daddy and His love is definitely seen.  But there is also that part of Him that deserves fear and reverence.  It's the part of Him that makes me get on my knees to beg for forgiveness or petition for a need.  It's the part that when He walks my way I tremble in awe of His majesty and beauty, even if the only shot I get of Him is of His backside!  (Gotta love 1 Kings 19)  

We all have a kingdom story.  We all have a story about what God has done in our lives and what God did for us on the cross.  We all can have that Father in our life that we need to love and encourage us.  And we have the King aspect of God that is there to judge, but also to give us someone to tremble in awe and beg for our needs.  We all have a story.  The true question is...

Are you willing to share it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment