Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Tears

Today was an interesting day.  It started out with me arising to declare that I honestly didn't think I could make it to the Sunrise Easter Service.  I sat in bed, practically heart-broken, trying to decide if I could handle missing it.  (I know it sounds ridiculous, but I REALLY wanted to go.  It's kind of what I do on Easter.)  I ended up going.  The music filled the church as the choir took us through the passion and the resurrection of Christ.  It was wonderful, and I was so happy that I went.  :)

Less than two hours later, I headed over to the United Methodist church in town (my usual).  In between, I dealt with stubborn parents.  Neither of them were going to go to church, and that was upsetting myself and my sister.  It's annoying that they can't even make peace enough to go worship Jesus, ESPECIALLY on Easter when the church is full anyway!  My sister, Morgan, got my mom to come, without her fiancee due to a lack of "Sunday's best" clothing.  But at least she was there.  Late.  But there.  During the first hymn, Christ the Lord is Risen Today, my mom rushed out of the Sanctuary in tears!  About half-way through the hymn, I feel Grandma nudging me in the choir.  I look back and she is completely in TEARS!  She wants to know if she should go after her.  Without much hesitation, I said yes.  She as well as my sister went after mom.  A while later, a LONG while later, they came back into the service.  I could hardly keep from looking at my family members who were trying to recover from a LOT of crying.  (And they tried to cover it up with a sneezing-fit???) 

After trying to keep my mask from coming unpeeled, we were lucky. A sit down hymn.  So, I didn't have to worry about looking down at the congregation at mom's teary-eyed face because of the lilies along the altar rail.  Unfortunately, it was a good hymn.  A hymn that Grandma usually cries during.  Not to mention the words.  It's a Gaither hymn...which we love.  It's called Because He Lives.  I do want to share some of the words with you, because as I was facing this holiday and everything that is going on in my life I was more than moved by the words. 

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future, 
and life is worth the living, just because He lives. 

Anyhow, I was balling by the end and therefore was singing in this raspy voice next to my grandma who was crying every single speck of her water-proof make-up off her face with her hands lifted.  It was almost a blessing to be half-way decently covered from the congregation by the lilies!  :)  It was quite an adventurous morning! 

More than that, I had to deal with family afterward, which wasn't too bad...but it was different.  It was a holiday with my parents divorced...And my mother's fiancee's presence too.  Anyhow, I'm tired of typing.  Perhaps I'll attach a few pictures for you all from this morning's festivities, and even a couple of this afternoon's.  :) 

Conquering the Easter egg hunt.

"What's inside???"

Tricky hide! 

That one was easy!!!

All the baskets!

"That doesn't look like a banana!"

Reading the letter from the Easter Bunny!

The total loot!

Leap Frog!!!


These are my favorite color!!!!  Mini yo-yo and a bunny!

Sammie spent a LOT of time building this for me.  I'm excited!

Mom and her fiancee, Mike.

Grandma finally got a plate of food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment