Friday, April 8, 2011

I Write

Words are poured out onto a page.  Each are typed as separate entities, but only when combined do they grasp the whole meaning.  This is why I write.  I write for me.  I don't write for anyone else.  I don't even write for my readers, though there are very few who follow this blog and keep up with it.  Haha.  

My heart goes into this blog.  Initially, if you remember (or even knew about it at all), I started it because I wanted an outlet about my parents' divorce.  So I write without judgment.  I censor some of my writing, but definitely not all of it.  I know that someday someone will ask me why I put all of this out on the internet...I know someone will.  I already have people that ask me.  But it is because I want my life to carry on some legacy.  Even as an ordinary person, I want to have some sort of an impact on this world.  I don't want to "raise" heroes...I just want to be able to help an ordinary person understand life itself...with all its ups and downs.  So, in a way, I write for some person way down the line who discovers the old age of computers and the internet.  But it is merely my story that I want to share.  

I want to be able to put anything on my blog.  

Not gonna lie, I never intended on anyone I knew ever reading this blog.  And perhaps I should have never posted it anywhere that people could find.  I'm not sure why I wanted it to be so private...I think it just became a great outlet that I'm able to say you read my blog at your own risk.  

BUT...For those of you out there who know me and read my blog, my disclaimer stands.  Words rarely have any meaning at all unless they are put together.  But sentences that stand alone are just as meaningless until they are put into a story.  And one wouldn't just read a chapter of a book and judge the entire thing (unless it was just a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad book).  You have to read it all to understand the story.  Each post, and even just what I've made available to my readers is only one chapter.  It's only one chapter of my life.  So don't judge.  That's not why I write.  I write for me.  I write merely to write. 

1 comment:

  1. You don't write merely to write... you write to tell the world who you are!! You are beautiful and lovely and someday our children will be reading these laughing say we have crazy parents!!!!! Love you dear sister!!!

    ReplyDelete