Thursday, April 21, 2011

Today

So, this post definitely won't be long because of the following information:

OWWWWW!

And going on with life...I had a pretty fantastic day.  Part of it was spent on the campus where I will spend my remaining years of college, which was awesome.  Lots of great news, see post below if ya want to know how it went.  Furthermore, I have gotten to spend time with my adopted sister, found out lots of interesting things, and I had a steak.  Very much exciting.  It was a cheap steak, but a steak nonetheless.  :)

Anyhow, I went to the Maundy Thursday service with her and it was quite different than the usual service that I can recite...although it was much like a Good Friday service, which I'll go to tomorrow.  Haha.  But, hopefully I get a chance to write about my thoughts, especially during the communion time.  Because I sit near the front, okay...the front row, of this church, I hear the pastors as they give the communion elements.  Most pastors seem to have the generic "This is the body of Christ given for you" and "This is the blood of Christ shed for you."  However, some like to shake things up a bit.  So, I was listening to the pastor tonight who kept saying over and over and over "This is the body of Jesus and He gave Himself up for you."  But what really struck me was that she meant it every single time and even with the children, she said "This is from Jesus and He loves you very much."  <--- That makes me smile.  And watching a lil' girl pray at the altar was just priceless.  It reminded me of when I was little...AND I MEAN REALLY little. :)  Maybe I'll speak more about what really got to me latter.  But not now.

HANDS are TOAST for tonight.  One more email and that'll be it.  Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.  Too many bad days in a row discourage me.  So yeah.  That was today!  All in all, minus the pain, it was an interesting day!  A fun day!  A good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment