Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fight Fibro

Today was not a good day, yet it was a good day.  For most of the day, I've been alright.  My joints aren't really hurting and I seemed to be doing alright.  However, my fibro HATES me right now.  Of course, it's because I got stressed out.

I am dealing with some financial issues.  I had an electric bill due today and I needed a few mandatory groceries, as well as prescriptions to renew.  It was interesting to see if I could make it work.  Needless to say, the prescriptions will have to wait until the last minute and I'll be paying my credit card bill until pigs can fly.  (Airplanes don't count.)  On top of that...

I called my PCP this morning to see if he would increase my lyrica to 100mg/3xdaily.  I have been on the 75mg/3xdaily for a while now, and while there is an improvement, I seriously think it can do better.  I want so badly for the pain to go away, or at least be lessened.  Even typing this is straining my wrists and shoulders to where it is almost unbearable.  I wanted some sort of an adjustment.  ESPECIALLY if he refuses to prescribe pain medication. 

He said no.

From what I gather, he is tired of me bugging him.  He thinks I should see a psychiatrist.  And he wants me checked for lyme's disease.  I HIGHLY doubt I have lyme's disease, but I'll be visiting the lab early tomorrow morning, just to check.  (Mainly to prove him wrong.)  He thinks that I have it because every symptom I have matches it...blah blah blah blah BLAH!  Actually, I find him quite wrong, but whatever?! 

If the lyme's disease is found, then I might consider sticking with him.  But, I've had so many issues with that whole realm that I really am considering finding a new PCP, which really sucks.  I liked having the luxury of merely calling the office to get a z-pack when I'm ill.  BUT...At least I won't have to deal with the issues I've had.  It takes forever for them to return a call and I don't think my dr has the best interest in mind.  Although his nurse won't admit it, I think he might consider me a drug seeker and/or psychotic.  It's so frustrating to have a doctor who will say that you have a condition, but won't treat you according to how your body is reacting.  Why do we have to trust doctors, but doctors don't have to trust us and our word?!  How does that work out!? 

Anyhow, I'm annoyed.  So, I'll be getting my blood drawn tomorrow as well as requesting my records to be sent home to a dear-to-my-heart friend.  THEN, I will be on the search.  Again.  I'm hoping this time is more successful, and I'm hoping that the pain management doc can help with the pain...and believes that it's okay to prescribe narcotics for those with chronic pain when Tylenol doesn't work! 

On the up side, I made cookies today.  They turned out good, but they are all crumbly.  Kind of funny.  Taste good though.  While I was doing that, I made my shirt for purple shirt day!  It turned out GREAT!  I can't wait for Sunday to get here.  I am thrilled to wear this shirt to church!  So many people will see it.  Hopefully questions will be asked and fibromyalgia/lupus awareness month (MAY) will begin!!! :-)  I'm just so excited about this shirt that I've put photos up here!  So, see the pictures.  I gotta go clean up my mess and get to bed.  I'm not feelin' so great since I did so much today. 

OH...And a side note, I have the bestest best friend in the entire world who is always willing to stand (okay, lay on her heating blanket) next to me through all this crap that life throws at me.  Thanks for being there, Nichole, through thick and thin, good and bad, in sickness and in health.  (Nope, no marriage ladies and gentlemen, BUT...she really is great and I love her as my sister!)  You bring sunshine to the darkest places of my life!  I appreciate you, Nichole! 

Okay...picture time! :)

The Front!

The back!

The close-up of the back!
Adios! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment