Friday, April 1, 2011

FBYTG+30 23 Days Left Countdown!

Can you believe?!  It's April already!  I feel like this time has slowly passed, but it seems like yesterday that I saw that blue border and lil "f" in the corner of the page.  Easter is just around the corner...by like, 3.5 weeks, but I figured I'd give you a "23 Days Left" update.  :)

So, the YTG part has really fallen off the face of the planet.  My initial fear in giving up FB for lent was that I would fall towards YouTube to pass the time.  I didn't want to get myself caught up in that mess, so I opted to give it up too.  What I've learned, though, is that I was not terribly active on YT in the first place, nor have I really missed it other than for listening and looking up Christian songs.  (I know, seems like a lame reason to miss YT, but it's so true.)  So, I'll admit.  I've totally ditched that part.  The Google part is different.  I know that I gave up Google to avoid researching my health.  Honestly, I have not googled anything in regards to my health since Lent began.  I have used Google to look up information needed by myself or others, but nothing in regards to my health.  Thus far, a success...in a weird way.  

The FB "urges" are fewer and farther apart.  I still think about it often.  But, I don't feel the need to get on.  I don't hit the Bible app very often on my phone, but I have found a new game app that I am enjoying in my spare moments when I have nothing to do.  Not quite the same, but it is a mindless game that helps me to relax.  :)  

As for the trust issues that I've been working on...I'm glad to say they are moving along nicely.  If you know me, like seriously know me, you should know what this implies.  If you don't know me...well, you don't need to know.  ;)

I must say that the +30 was the most successful portion and most rewarding portion...for about the first 3 weeks of Lent.  I've been slacking the past week.  I've had a migraine this week along with this mess of sinus, throat, raspy voice stuff.  At first, I thought it was just a cold.  But the sore throat came, and it seemed more like strep throat.  Then my ear began to hurt.  This kinda freaked me out because I haven't had an ear infection in years?!  Amazingly enough, I had an antibiotic called in, so whatever it is...it should be going away.  Fibromyalgia plus whatever this is...NOT FUN!!!  But whatever?!  I hope it goes away soon.

ANYWAY...I've slacked this week due to being sick.  I will certainly get better. I miss that time with God.  I think it really kept me sane.  And I seemed to be flyin' through the Bible.  I got through Job and Romans (with some pretty good study) and part of Proverbs (which I might actually be beginning to enjoy) in the three weeks I had stayed caught up.  I've learned quite a bit about myself through that time, as well as the time spent away.  Needless to say, I miss the time!  

Other than that, I really don't have anything else right now.  I feel like death and dying, but wanted to give you an update while I was still awake.  Alright...perhaps bed soon will be an order!  Night?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment