Sunday, March 20, 2011

Springtime!

Today is the first day of Spring!!!  As I sit in my big chair by my open window, the smell of Spring is in the air and the birds are chirping.  It is so nice to be able to enjoy the weather and not worry about carrying a coat everywhere.  Missouri weather is slightly ADD so who knows what tomorrow will bring.  But, for now, it is about 75 degrees (F) as the sun goes down on this Sunday evening.  

Of course, I am procrastinating on my classwork, but I thought I would catch you all up on a few things...like I don't already talk to you all enough?!  

Health:  I've had a few bad days...okay, a lot of bad days recently.  With the thunderstorms that came through, my body is all funkafied.  (Yes, that's a word now...)  Migraines have been ABSOLUTELY horrible this week.  I've had three that have taken quite some time to get rid of.  They are starting to become more annoying than anything.  It's been about 48 hours since my last one, so I'm hoping they stay away for a while (knock on wood).  Been on and off lots of drugs/meds, but we'll see where it all takes me.  I have an appointment with the rheumatologist on the 29th of this month.  Until then, my life is CRAZY with school.  

Transferring:  I am definitely transferring.  Not sure living situation.  And still waiting on the acceptance letter, but I'm not staying where I am any longer.  Nope, definitely not gonna happen!

Music:  Yes, this category gets to be added.  I'm trying to decide on something to play for my audition.  It doesn't help that I know the professor who will be "judging" me for this scholarship audition and that she has thoroughly heard the piece I thought about play and even taught me much of what I know about the style.  Kind of nerve wrecking.  Haha.  BUT...I had a good time procrastinating with my flute earlier today.  I was able to hold it for about 45 minutes.  A REALLY decent increase from previous attempts.  :)  Such a great stress reliever though.  Especially since I have two tests tomorrow that may be challenging considering the amount of studying that I've accomplished today.

Jesus:  Yuppers...I love Him.  He gets on my nerves sometimes, but really...I like havin' Him around.  Devotional time has been going alright.  I finished Job, so I'm onto Romans now, which I am enjoying.  Sometimes, it is a bit too much thinking late at night or early in the morning.  Haha.  Clearly, you can read all about what I'm learning and reflecting from it on the other blog posts!  :)  The fasting from FBYTG is going well. Although, the Google one is really going out the door, except that I refuse to research my health concerns.  The most I do is look up to see if something is gluten free.  Lol.  But, I think God just wants me to stop diagnosing myself.  So no worries...the lesson is still being learned.    


Other than that, I really can't think of anything.  I just wanted to brag on Springtime a bit and tell you what's been going on in the above categories!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment