Monday, March 21, 2011

The Circle of...what?!

I wasn't going to write this out, but thought I should for the sake of...it might come in handy later on.  :)

So, today I thought SERIOUSLY about getting on Facebook.  Clearly, this would defy the whole Lenten sacrifice thing.  But, I was just really curious about what some people were doing.  And although nothing could justify going against a clear sacrifice to God, I was doing my best to justify it.  Well, I didn't do it.  But it certainly got me thinking about why I wanted to get onto FB that badly.  I determined it must be an issue with trust.  Ha.  Yep, that word again. 

The more I miss an individual (distance wise or feeling wise), the more I feel I need to get onto Facebook.

The more isolated I feel, the more I feel the need to get onto Facebook.

The more excited (or emotional) I feel, the more I feel the need to get onto Facebook.  

The more "bored" I am, the more I feel the need to get onto Facebook.  

So, those are the reasons I seem to be wanting to get onto FB.  But I've determined that those feelings also play a role in how I trust God.  The more distanced I feel from God, the less I trust Him.  The more isolated I feel from others, the more isolated I feel from God.  The more excited I feel, the more excitement I feel from God.  The more bored I am, the more distant my relationship grows.  So, it's kind of a circle that I seem to be caught in, with regards to my relationship with God and trusting Him.  

Anyhow, that's all I have for you for this update.

No comments:

Post a Comment