Tuesday, March 15, 2011

FBYTG+30 - WEEK 1 DONE!

Day 7

Today's Readings:
~  Luke 8:22-25
~ Job 20-24
~ Proverbs 6


* They spend their years in prosperity and go down to the grave in peace.  Yet they say to God, 'Leave us alone! We have no desire to know your ways.  Who is the Almighty, that we should serve him?  What would we gain by praying to him?'  But their prosperiety is not in their own hands...
- Job 21:13-16a (NIV)


Wahoo!!!  Week one of Lent is complete.  While, I am not really rejoicing this moment, the worst of it is over with.  I have made it a week further into my relationship with God.  And while, yes, I failed for a brief moment, I am that much closer to God through overcoming that struggle. 

I am beginning to enjoy my time off of Facebook.  A dear friend helped me realize that good can come to those who don't stalk.  :)  In other words, I have had more conversations with people that I know, rather than merely stalking each other's facebook pages to see what one is up to.  I think the time off Facebook is helping me see that there are people out there who truly care enough to talk to me outside of Facebook.  While I miss some of the relationships that I nourish through Facebook, I think I'll live for a while without it.  So, I think that makes the countdown...39 days???  :)  It'll be fine.  I'm excited still for it all.

YouTube hasn't really been a hard sacrifice.  I hadn't really kept up on it before Lent.  So, no worries there.  And as for Google...I really have no clue if the sacrifice is doing me any good.  Honestly, it's kind of a pain, rather than good.  Haha.  So, we shall see how well this one continues.  I'm okay with using the search engine as long as it isn't for my health.  That's honestly what God wanted me to stop researching.  But hey, we'll see. 

Ummmm....Other than that, that's all I have for you.  Today is the continuance of what seems to be an RA flare.  Every joint hurts more than I'd imagine, and especially my hands.  I am beginning to wonder if the red meat (hamburger) is causing more pain.  This could be a very sad occasion.  But who knows?!  I'll keep track the best I can.  Alright.  I'm done.  Adios, from Reclaimed!

No comments:

Post a Comment