Sunday, May 15, 2011

Home

As I sit in my new room, I wonder if I made the right choices.  Did I make the right choice by leaving behind the last two years of my life and who I've become?  Did I make the right choice by coming home to live with my dad?  Did I make the right choice to leave Missouri State University behind in both my social life and academia?  Did I make the right choice in coming home to be closer to my family (at least, those who will be staying in state)?  Did I make the right choice to move closer to my doctors?  Best friend?  Did I make the right choice to leave behind, not only my church in Springfield, but also my entire Methodist background?  Everything I once knew so well? 

In some strange way, I feel calm about it all.  Although I feel like I've become weaker in the unfamiliarity of it all, I feel strong in Christ.  I feel capable of facing this new phase of life.  I'm beginning to realize that I can be who I've worked to become the last two years.  I am still learning who I am, but I haven't lost time...rather I've gained it!  I know that I will be able to move through the transition because I have Christ with me always and the support of Nichole and a few members of my family.  I can't say it will be easy though. 

I've completely moved into this new house.  A house that I can only call home for about another year.  I am sharing a room every other weekend with my sister...something I haven't done in YEARS!!!  It isn't quite the same as my good ol' room...but it looks like home thanks to Nichole's help this weekend!  While home isn't here, it will certainly do. 

On days like these, I'm reminded where my home truly is.  Heaven.  Now, I don't feel I'm headed there anytime soon, but it sure is where my body wants to be.  I hurt badly today.  I think tomorrow will be worse.  But, I know that one day, there will be no pain.  I know the days will get easier on Earth...at least from the moving fun!  And I can't wait until I get there.  So, I hope I never make myself too comfortable here on this Earth.  I can't wait to sell my stuff and move to Africa!  BUT, I want to enjoy my stay.  As best as I can, I want to enjoy my life here on Earth!  So, here's to choosing the next excursions of my stay on Earth, while I wait to make the easiest move...to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment