Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Answers

So, I have been trying to get my medical life in order.  Honestly, it is giving me a headache.  I've seen two rheumatologists and I will be seeing another pain clinic at the beginning of June. 

As for the appointment for today.  My doctor doesn't really seem to believe in fibromyalgia, which makes me nervous.  Either way, he put me on a few meds.  Increased my lyrica.  Put me on an oral steroid.  And gave me a muscle relaxer.  The muscle relaxer is AMAZING!!!  It gives me a pressure headache, but it relieves most of the rest of my pain.  It isn't taking care of the abdominal pain, but it is fine.  Also, this morning, I had an abdominal ultrasound.  I haven't gotten the results yet...but, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be diagnosed with having a peptic ulcer.  The zantac that I took earlier helped some, but not enough.  I'm looking forward to my doctor's appt tomorrow afternoon to fix this abdominal pain. 

I do hope that I can sleep tonight.  I took a rather long 1.5-2hr nap earlier, but I'm still tired.  All this pain I've had is kickin' me!  But, who knows?!  Right now, I'm watching Doctor Who per a suggestion by Christine.  I may turn on Stargate SG-1 though so that I can get to sleep easily. 

I still have the appt with the pain clinic at the beginning of June.  I'm sincerely looking forward to it.  But, I'm annoyed with dealing with all these doctors.  It's hard on the finances and the body to go through all the stress.  SO...I don't know.  I think the pain clinic will be able to help me better than all these individual doctors as they can take care of the headaches, depression, fibro, and arthritic pain all in one place!  I'm excited!!!!!!!! 

Anyhow, I'm finally getting answers.  I'm finally getting treatment that is seeming to help.  I'm finally to the point where the questions are still coming, but there is hope for answers.  (Though, I still wanna know if I have RA.)  There is hope that I'll actually be in good health to go to Africa by the time I'm 23yo! :)

Heading to bed now, in pretty decent spirits.  May do a bit of reading too.  Got some extra books to read, like Judith and 1 & 2 Maccabees.  :)  Gotta love the Catholic Bible!  Just a bit longer than the Protestant Bible.  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment