Friday, May 6, 2011

Dead Day Drama

Last night was.......interesting.  My best friend talked to her mother about her depression.  But, as much as I love her mom, she did the exact same thing my mom did.  She brought up every single thing that I should be depressed about.  That's definitely something one should NOT do when their child comes to you and tells you that she is suicidal or feeling depressed.  It just isn't cool whatsoever!  It makes the child feel worse as moments from her past is brought up or even current situations that she still has to deal with!  I know moms have the best interest in mind for their child and that they are merely worried for the child, but it just makes dealing with the depression that much worse when you don't have an appointment with the psychaitrist as SOON as you get done with mom's list of depressing things.  SO...if you know someone who is depressed or dealing with some tough issues, try not to bring up every single thing that they should be depressed about...especially not all in one night!  ANYHOW...(*steps off soapbox*)

Today has already been fun.  I got up SUPER early this morning after going to bed SUPER late to go with Nichole to work.  It was nice having someone to talk to, even if it was 5am!  Afterward, I "stole" her car. I'll pick her up later to go to her doctor appointment and lunch.  I must admit, it was a bit scary driving her car for the first time, but now I know how it handles so it isn't so scary. 

The plan for today:  study, study, study.  Pick up Nichole.  Her doc appointment.  Lunch.  Cake.  Study.  Play with bunnies.  Study.  Study. 

Yes, welcome to the dead day drama......of finals approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment