Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 65 of Obedience!!!

YAY!!! Day 65 of covering my head in obedience with the 1 Corinthians 11 Scripture!!! As each milestone is reached, I find it interesting to go back and linger in the thoughts of the days of "pre-covering." Sometimes, I find it incredibly encouraging. Other days, it gets me in trouble. I think today is one of those other days...

Earlier, I began thinking about how I first began covering. I remembered how the thoughts of covering seemed to CONSUME my life. I couldn't think of anything else. It was ALWAYS on my mind. I found some relief once I actually started covering, but honestly, the pressure from the world around me seemed to keep covering on the forefront of my mind. I was constantly wondering if this was really God's will for me. Even 65 days later, I still have MANY people ask me why I cover and they ask me why God would want me to cover "such beautiful hair." Some days, it's harder to answer that than others.

After reminiscing about the beginnings, I began to wonder if God would ever call me to take off my cover. I seem to get a lot of "That's really cool. So when are you going to stop covering?" Or "How will you know when God asks you to stop?" And my question to God is..."Will I ever be asked to stop covering?" And if so, "How will I know when, how, and why to stop covering?"

My issue with all this is...If I believe it's Scriptural, will I ever be able to stop? Will I ever be able to say, Sure, I believed it was Scriptural and something we should take literally, but now, it's not right for me. Or God doesn't want this for me right now?!?!

While I'd love to "show off" (I know, vanity) my hair again one day, I don't think that's gonna happen without discounting the Scripture, people who already choose to cover, or myself. None of which sound appealing.

So, maybe taking myself back to that first day wasn't a bad thing, just thought-provoking.

Oh, and I'm almost proud enough to say that headcovering doesn't consume my thoughts constantly, but it is an excellent reminder to pray often (which I seem to be struggling with this idea anyway). Haha.

That's all for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment