Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Random Thoughts Spilled Out

Regarding Head covering:
Thus far, it seems to be going well. Yes, I am covering again. I didn't even make it 48 hours without wearing it! I felt guilty, and I could barely make it out of the house without it on! God moved a few people to send a phone call or two my way to make me aware of their support even though they may not completely agree with my stance. So, that was really awesome!
I'm always amazed when people have seen me with my cover on for 5 or 6 times, and THEN they finally decide to ask about it. Honestly, I was expecting the questions to come the first or second times, certainly by the third time! Oh well! I still answer them and hope to gain support. (Remember, I'm not asking for permission to follow God's will for my life.) The stares on the school bus shuttle are indescribable! I'm not sure why people have a fascination with staring at me when I have only wrapped a scarf around my head! Usually the stares don't bother me, unless I forget to focus my attention on God before I leave for classes in the morning! (I know this from experience...) Again...it's only a scarf!
Speaking of which, I wear a rectangular scarf (usually with tassels on the ends). Generally I wear it in a bun on the back of my head after putting my hair in a bun. I think this is the easiest way for me to wear my cover and not cause people to freak out too much when they see me. For some reason, there are some bad feelings towards the Islam population on campus, and I don't want to get lumped in with that. SO, I wear my scarf and my cross every day! :) I dress modestly...I don't wear anything that comes higher than my knees. And I cover most of my upper arm. Sometimes, I wear T-Shirts because I am a college student and I feel like they are still covering the areas that need to be covered just out of modesty. Note that I make sure my clothes are modest because I believe it would look unusual to wear my headscarf and wear a short skirt and very low cut shirt! Just doesn't make sense. Haha! I also have a snood (thanks to a VERY good friend)...It hasn't really grown on me yet, but it's really comfortable, so I like to wear it at home when I'm not doing anything. Lol. Still trying to discern if God really wants me to cover my head through the night...Who knows?! But yeah, a snood is comfortable to sleep in. :)

Regarding sermon-writing:
It's been about two months since I wrote a sermon. I'm preaching back at home on Labor Day weekend. That's this Sunday! I've been going crazy trying to get everything done for school...and haven't had time to work on a sermon. I "kind of" know what i want to talk about, or what God is leading me to talk about, but I'm struggling to get it down on paper. This will be my first sermon written and given wearing my head covering. Honestly, I'm pretty nervous about it all! Especially with it being in my hometown. Ya know, Jesus was kicked out of His hometown...I'd rather not be kicked out, but whatever must happen will happen. I'd tell you my ideas of what it's going to be about, but some of you might actually be there on Sunday, so i won't spoil it...Lol. Who knows?! By then, I could have a completely different topic that God wants me to do! It's only Tuesday!

Anyhow, that's all I have for now...more like all i can say for now. Sorry for any and all typos...My hand is starting to go numb, so that's not helping! Thanks for reading! And have an awesome night!!!

In Christ,
Me

1 comment:

  1. I FOUND YOUR BLOG! Good luck with your sermon, I hope to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete