Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No Longer Choosing to Cover...

Dear W.W.W.,

I am no longer choosing to cover my head as a Christian woman. It isn't because I no longer agree with the practice. In fact, I learned a lot by covering my head and I see great value in it. I do support others who choose to cover their heads as Christians and I will support anyone who comes to me asking if they should cover their heads. I believe it is biblically based and the decision is between God and that person. I respect that decision.

The reason I am not covering at this time is because I do not have the support I need to persist. I don't have support from the people at home, nor do I have support from those here. I believe head covering is a beautiful way for a woman to express her love and respect for God. For now, I do not have the support to continue to cover my head on a daily basis. Hope you will respect my decision.

Love in Jesus Christ,

~Samantha

3 comments:

  1. I am facing the same challenge here. It's painful for me to do so because I'll look like a Muslim to other people. I'm afraid that people will think that I am praising their false god when I am actually executing our true God's command. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, but I just noticed your comment! I am fully one to say that even if it sounds crazy, if God wants you to do it - do it! I met a lot of opposition especially when I chose to cover more like a Muslim woman would cover. However, I learned a great deal and in the end, I pleased Jesus by obedience. Of course, it didn't last forever for me, but it is certainly something that I remember distinctly in my walk with Christ. Be strong. Know that what you are doing is pleasing to God and learn everything you can. Be ready with a response because you have Christians and non-Christians alike who will ask questions, etc. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. Again, in the end, it is between you and Jesus and there's nothing sweeter than walking in obedience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same person here. Thanks for answering me. I've decided that when I go to my first year of university, God willing, I will cover my hair. I don't know how to convince my parents to do so. I've tried to do this earlier in the year but they insisted me to take it off.

    ReplyDelete