Monday, August 23, 2010

Stained

Read: Psalm 51

Grape juice. I honestly hate it right now. I was “carefully” removing the communion elements to get rid of them when IT happened. (In other words – I was going around getting people to eat the rest of the bread and juice since they were concentrated and I could not throw them away) THEN, someone called my name, and grape juice splashed all over my new green shirt and khaki pants. Let’s just say, I was NOT a happy person. The grape juice had spilt all over my left pants leg which were initially a light tan and made the juice had made my flip flop all sticky. Soon, my pants were sticking to my leg. (This happened early in the clean up procedure, so I had to live with it for AT LEAST another hour!) Meanwhile, my pants were slowly going through the process of being stained! I began to be concerned only with how my pants were doing. I was aggravated, frustrated, and all of those other words that deal with those emotions that are not pleasant!!!

You too may be stained. You may feel like something happened and it has ruined your life forever! Your thoughts and emotions may be controlled by this stain like mine were with my stained pants. You just can’t seem to shake it from your life. It may or may not have been your fault. (I certainly could blame whoever called my name!) And that hour of my life was probably the longest hour of clean-up that I have ever experienced!!! You may feel like your stain is going to be there forever!!!

Long story made short, my pants are stained. I did not get to them quickly with the right materials. However, your life with your stains doesn’t have to be like that for forever!!! If you allow Jesus to come into your life…FULLY…then He can wash your life to be free of sin. You don’t have to have those nasty stains anymore. All you have to do is accept His offer. Once you do, know that all of your stains are gone! He sincerely washes you white as snow in regards to your slate of sins! No more nasty grape juice on you!!!

This song tells all: Jesus Paid It All - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmuxxc00AHo

No comments:

Post a Comment