Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Renewed Desire

I am so thankful for the Word tonight!  It seems like every once in a while, we get burnt out.  Burnt out on church and all the activity there.  Burnt out on trying to find time to give Jesus a portion of our day.  Burnt out on hearing the same thing from the Word over and over.  (There may be a reason for that...However, it may also be you.)  

Well, after much deliberation tonight and spending time in Word and prayer, it seems like the staleness is gone.  There's a renewed desire to get into the Word (even if it is at 6am) and to have that personal relationship with Christ.  But even more than that, there's a renewed desire to share what I'm learning and experiencing with God.  SOOOOO...

God is leading Nichole and I to something new.  No, we aren't leaving Light of Love Fellowship-STL!  BUT, we are prayerfully beginning to put together a Bible Study/Accountability group that will begin after Thanksgiving.  We have decided that it is something that is needed among a few of us and all else are welcome to join us.  So, I believe the plan is going to be to chose a book of the Bible and stick with it.  We may get a study to go along with it to keep us on track, but we may not.  The thought right now is to go through a book of the Bible we pray and choose as a group and go through it VERY slowly gleaning all we can from it.  So many of us get caught up in doing some study that we forget that the Word is what we need to learn from most!  Everyone's experience and stories and interpretation of it is awesome, but we need the WORD!  Hopefully that will get started up and God will lead us in the direction He intends.  

Also, Nichole and I are praying about where God is leading us.  Yes, we are going out of the country for a short term mission trip. And we vaguely know the dates.  But where has not been confirmed yet.  So we are still needing prayers for direction and preparation as the place where we are led to go will not be an easy place to make home.  The job will not be easy and we need to be ABSOLUTELY sure that "this" is where God wants us to be.  We are both very excited about it.  I have no reservations about going, however, the funds must be there.  I am sure that God will provide through the giving of others to make it happen.  Fundraising will begin soon after God makes a few confirmations of destination and dates.  (Anyone wanna pay for my passport??? Lol.)  Applications will be sent in as well.  

You should also know that the application process for this ministry is not easy.  The application itself covers the basic need-to-know stuff, but it also asks quite a few questions that the answers are more like essays.  So, already be praying as we fill out the application and discern where God is taking us!  

I am soooo excited about where God is taking us in the school of life!  He is doing some awesome things to build our faith, but there have been plenty of trials and temptations.  We are learning more than ever and for the first time in a long time, I desire the Word.  I desire my prayer time.  I desire to fast. (Yes, imagine that?!)  Sure, there are times when I'm tired and I really don't "feel" like doing it...but my heart always brings me back to why I'm doing it.  There's a renewed desire in me to live the life God intended for me to live.  And even though I've been told to wait and be patient, I've also been told to get up off my laziness and get moving because there is a lot to learn before I can get anywhere near a pulpit.  And it's sad to admit it, but I'm finally learning that the goal is not to get behind the pulpit, but to get in check with God!  To walk with Jesus down the road to Emmaus and to experience life at its best with Him!  Jesus came for us to have life at it's fullest...sure, we must learn to wait for various circumstances to arise, but we MUST claim it!  

What's your true desire?  Where is God asking you to go?  Down the street?  Across the room?  To another city?  Country? Do you even desire to be a witness for Him?  

"Keep lookin' up, 
Cause God's lookin' down - 
And EYE CONTACT is CRUCIAL!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment