Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Works for the Good

Today, I started back up at the school where I'm a paraprofessional in the ID (Intellectual disabilities) rooms.  There are certainly a lot of changes, some good, some I'm not sure about yet.  But if there is one thing I know for sure, it is that God works for the good of those who love Him (Rom 8:28).  So often, I think we forget that every good gift comes from God (James 1:17).  We think that it's coincidence or luck that something happened.  Or maybe we think that it was of our own doing that we got to a certain place in life.  But friends, let me tell you that God is working in and through and beyond everything that we experience in life.  Even the bad situations that seem to multiply, God works to turn those around for our benefit.  This is so encouraging!  I'm so glad we have a God who is on our side working for the good of us!  Of course in doing so, we build our faith in what we cannot see and trust the God is ultimately God of all and especially God of our lives.

Other than this, I don't have much else to say.  So I challenge you to look at the situations in your life where it has become chaotic and messy and know that you have a God who is working to bring something beautiful and meaningful and ultimately GOOD from it.  You have a God who is able to turn dust and ashes into life and bring good and perfect gifts to His children.  So I ask you this...Can you see this happening?  Are you loving on God as He works for your benefit?  Are you forgetting to thank Him for all the goodness you see in the world? 

"You now rejoice in this hope, even if it's necessary for you to be distressed for a short time by various trials.  This is necessary so that your faith may be found genuine."  (1 Peter 1:6-7, CEB)

May we have genuine faith in a God who works for the GOOD of those who love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment