Friday, June 3, 2011

Journal vs. Blog

Lately, I've been thinking.  I've been pondering about what I write on my blog.  My dad mentioned something today about what goes out on his blog...not that anything is bad, but that it is heartfelt and could be "interesting" if the wrong eyes saw it.  While I don't feel like my blog discusses anything that would be harmful to anyone, I suppose in the future it could be harmful to myself in the job market or whatever just by the choices I made and what is portrayed on the blog.  I love being able to write my feelings out...but lately, I've closed off a lot of those.  I've gotten so many people asking why I write about what I do and then there's the eyes of my father and grandma looking upon my blog.  While I love them dearly and I never direct my writing to their eyes, I still have that audience in the back of my mind.  I am in hopes that many more people read my blog and don't follow it because I KNOW that there are people out there who can relate with my story...

SOOOO...In short, you all have gotten fewer and fewer of my feelings and more of what's been going on...this is due in part to my journaling habits.  I stopped journaling everyday a while back and recently, in an effort to not pour out my entire heart into a blog post, I picked journaling back up.  I love to journal, but it is hard because sometimes I want what I have to say out there...which is where this blog comes in.

Now, I know that this probably doesn't make much sense right now.  I blame it on my headache which is getting worse because of the pain to type this (and I thought I was going to be able to write tonight?!).  ANYHOW, the blog will still get a lot of my thoughts, etc...but some will be reserved for my journal.  And no worries to the best friend.  :)  You will still get all of my thoughts because I can't keep anything from ya!  Trust me!

I'm still an open book, so you can ask me anything and everything in person, by email, or on here.  I've yet to reject answering a question.  SO...that's the balance between knowing what to blog about and what to journal about.  I'm sure my father is happy with this.  Lol.

Nighty night!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure I'm happy about this, but I'm glad I can make you think. I love you birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It frustrates me that individuals cant write what they want because it could effect our careers. Why should it be there business what we write about on a blog. Feeling are meant to be felt and a lot of times we want to express them to others. We want someone to relate and need that emotional connection. I'm glad you are journaling but never feel like you cannot express yourself love! I follow you because I care about what you have to say. I struggle when you struggle and I'm happy when you are happy. I love your blogs and love your honesty, your courage and your faith in God!

    ReplyDelete