Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Packing Procrastination

While I'm waiting on laundry to finish in the dryer, I thought I would write a blog post.  :)

So, I definitely should have started packing this morning because all this at once is making me hurt even more, and it's starting to get late, so exhaustion has taken over!  Let's see...what else?!

Oh...I'm learning a new language.  Swahili is incredibly hard to learn...not as bad as it could be, like Hebrew or Arabic.  HOWEVER, I seem to want to learn it in a hurry.  So, it's taking more time than I want it to.  I have so much more to learn in this life.  I just don't feel like learning one language should take so long.  It's not fair to those of us who want to know everything.  Haha.  Suppose that's why God created so many languages.  :)

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my life.  I'm getting a bit frantic about figuring it out too.  I suppose this is what many of my classmates went through a couple years ago, but I thought I was so set on what I wanted to do, that I didn't worry about it.  Now, that's changed...so, life goals are being reevaluated.  I'm a little nervous to see if I can be a starving author in this world.  I feel like I would be a complete failure at being an author as a career.  I'm not scared of it.  I can write when I really want to, and I know with training I can be better.  I just don't know about it as a career, especially since I've loved it as a release for so many years - I don't want it to turn out like my love for my flute did.  NOW...with that being said, I think I could manage being a teacher.  I might even enjoy it.  Although, I have no clue if I could manage MS or HS, so I'm not too sure about it.  And I don't know how much more it would add to my schooling either.  I think I would go nuts in teaching classes.  Plus, the CBASE just doesn't sound entertaining since I haven't done math in forever, nor any of the other things covered on it.  Lol.  SO...That doesn't leave me with too many options if I cross off teaching...on the surface.  On the contrary, it leaves the entire world of English untouched.  I think I would love to work for a publishing company.  To be an editor would be a huge deal for me.  I'm horrible at editing my own work, but I can criticize others and edit others.  So, right now, I think professional writing would be awesome.  Even further than that, I'd love to work with a textbook company for Elementary, Middle, and High School textbooks.  I would want to be the editor to make sure everything is clear and that it looks attractive to students to have them actually read it, rather than let it collect dust. 

Anyhow, those are my current professional what I want to do with my life thoughts.  I think if I sit much longer, I'm not going to get the rest of my stuff done, so that's all I have for ya for now!  Home-bound tomorrow afternoon!  YAY!!!  Adios!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment